Sunday, December 9, 2012

what would you care for

what would you care for
in this mystic island of mystery
all but a fog fading into abyss
the sundry valley lies bare
to the cold winds prowling and haunting
and I open my eyes into this wasteland
and a breath of life comes to remind me
that this is my world

what would i care for
if such is my world where
nothing but emptiness raptures into light
brazen winds sigh an eloquent silence
and where there should be blue there is the dark
the darkness that eludes me into fear.

who would i care for
if such is my world
no one but ghostly souls
drinking and dancing in their nakedness
caring all for their mortal beliefs
dressing it all in a beautiful camouflage
and not a token of truth in their vices
and not a token of love in their hearts

ever once would you find a voice
as sweet and slender as an unseen stream
but as elegant and beautiful as an artist could think
the eyes of truth, beauty in action, elegance in belief
but then a storm approaches my watershed
and I am awoken into reality
that voice is a note of a distant tune
that voice would elude you
that which could never be yours

that is the reckoning of my sins
but along with the curse, the voice brought a blessing
it brought a melody to silence, a hue to the air
it brought that answer that i searched for
it made me see though the dark, it made me brave
along with the tears came the smiles
which would forever remain in my mind
and now i know what would i care for

i would care for the land laid barren
i would care for that battered soul in the dark
i would care for the action i take, the path i choose
i would care for histories, i would care for futures
all that for i came into being
but for all  the sadness, i would never forget
that breath of voice which gave me this answer
and i would fight for that answer and not stop
i would cover the roads, the valleys, the forests now that i know
what do i care for.

No comments:

Post a Comment